Under the supervision of the training team the kennel attendant provides daily care for boarded dogs and assist with kennel maintenance. They are involved with cleaning kennels and runs, bathing, grooming, exercising, feeding, administering medication, and monitoring the behavior of boarded dogs. They also interact with clients as they pick up and drop off their dogs.
Hours: 1 pm to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
Compensation: $12 an hour to start
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Exercising/walking dogs
· Afternoon cleaning kennels and common area of training center
· Feeding and administering medication to dogs
· Inventory management (training tools, chew bones, shampoos, medications…), communicate needed inventory to training assistant
· Light grooming and bathing of dogs as needed (includes brushing and dry shampoo bathing for dogs ready to go home)
· Transporting dogs to vets/groomers as needed (using monastery vehicle)
· Assist trainers with client report cards/videos
· Monitor dogs for changes in weight and health, and report any changes immediately to Director of Training and senior trainer
· Use Gingr to record health and feeding notes
· Apprentice under Director of Training and Senior Trainer to learn New Skete training methods
· Participate in any and all New Skete workshops to further knowledge of training methods
· Conduct dog intakes
· Must have knowledge of general canine care and facility care
· Able to interact with others (monks, staff, and clients) in a professional manner
· Able to lift/carry 40 lbs.
· Able to stand/walk for long periods of time
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We are currently accepting applications/resumes for an experienced dog trainer.
Please email email@example.com for further information.